Custom Search

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bow Wow Celebrates 22nd B-Day In Vegas, Preps Sixth Album


Rapper Bow Wow turned 22 years old on Sunday (March 8), and the young rapper took to Sin City to celebrate.

According to Bossip.com, Bow Wow partied the night away at the MGM Grand's Studio 54 nightclub with Jermaine Dupri in tow. During the evening, a cake was even present, so he may blow out the candles.

In addition to turning 21, the rapper is also gearing up for the release of yet another album. The new album is titled New Jack City II, his sixth solo album.

The first single is a track titled "You Can Get It All," a radio-friendly effort much different from his recently released mixtape Half Man Half Dog 2, which he says was released to display his skills on the mic.

"For me, it was something that had just really been embedded in me," Bow Wow told MTV's Mixtape Mondays. "A lot of people don't know that I was discovered by Snoop and [Dr.] Dre. Snoop was such an influence on me. It's always been in my blood to rap."

"When I got with [Jermaine Dupri], JD cleaned me up a little bit and did the right thing," he said. "That's the reason why I'm here right now. But it's always been in me to rap. I use the mixtape thing for fun."

However, despite all the criticism Bow Wow has received over the years, whether it's about his poppy music or over his rapping skills, the kid knows how to succeed. He was the youngest rapper to ever hit no. 1 on the charts, as well as headline seven different tours.

"You'll look at somebody who has one album, might have come out and sold 30,000 records, but he has the No .1 rap single," he said. "But you think he's better than me? No way. The stats don't lie. You can't compare that. It's not equivalent. I get criticized so much. 'Who wrote this? He can't be writing this. That was too nice.'"

According to Bow Wow's MySpace page, New Jack City II is due in stores March 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search